Founded on June 1st 2017, as a global network of designers and design scientists seeking international cooperation, today, the International Society for DesignScience (ISDS) is a truly global network comprising individuals, universities, governments, institutions, libraries and commercial companies. ISDS has become an important framework for design science. ISDS membership offers a unique mix of divisions & commissions, working groups, symposia, publications, mailing lists and online services, ... allowing you to develop information networks with colleagues withsimilar interests and concerns. Discover job opportunities fast, learn new techniques and breakthroughs first, and increase your access to scientists who may have solutions to the questions you need to answer today. The ISDSprovides its members with a platform allowing them to share knowledge on an international scale.
ISDS Member Login - Manage/Renew your membership (ISDS members and returning users):
ISDS members sign in here to access your ISDSmembership account, renew or update your membership, join Divisions, Commissions or Working Groups, download International Journal of Design Science articles, etc...
By joining ISDS or renewing your ISDS membership, you are showing your commitment to ISDS's mission to serve the design science community by providing members with a network for career development, educational opportunities, high-quality symposia and congresses and resources for furthering our profession.
• One year Individual Membership: USD200 (including VAT)
• One year Institutional Membership: USD 500 (including VAT)
Online Membership Application - Sign up for membership (new users):
Individual Membership: join now and start using complimentary International Journal of Design Science article downloads instantly!
To apply for ISDS membership, simply fill out the online form and activate your membership in real time!
Membership helps establish contacts and create a personal network of active professionals with similar responsibilities and interests. Be involved in furthering our profession. Keep abreast of new developments, research and findings that affect the daily lives of a growing world population.
What better way to share your experience and ideas with your peers, increase your knowledge about any aspect of design science, and stay up-to-date on issues and trends?
• ISDS members and returning users: please use the ISDS member login instead if you already have a user account with ISDS and want to activate, update or renew your membership
• ISDS membership is good for one year, from January through December. Membership dues for new members joining after July 31 are prorated to cover the remaining months of the current year plus the next full calendar year. Reduced membership automatically applies to individual members residing in selected low-income countries.
ISDS Membership Directory
ISDS membership comes with unlimited access to the online ISDS membership list system, which allows members and non-members to browse the ISDS membership directory in a structured way and includes contact details of all active ISDS members (personal membership details and addresses information available to ISDS members only - make sure to log in while browsing the membership directory to reveal the full contact details).
ISDS Membership Advantages (Version June 2018)
ISDS Membership Application Form
ISDS Membership Categories
• Individual Membership: Available to all individuals at the cost of USD 200, including VAT, for one calendar year. Individual members will be given priority to publish one academic paper or outstanding personal design work that meets the review requirements in our International Journal of Design Science and the Journal of Oriental Design and will receive a complimentary paper copy of the journal (Chinese or English version optional). You will be given priority in obtaining a designer's qualification certificate and enjoy a 20% discount.
• Student Membership: Discounted membership category available to junior members up to the age of 28 years. Applicants should be without employment and enrolled in a college/university/institution as full-time students. The cost of Student membership is USD 100, including VAT, for one calendar year, January through December. Student members will be given priority to publish one academic paper or outstanding personal design work that meets the review requirements in our International Journal of Design Science and the Journal of Oriental Design and will receive a complimentary paper copy of the journal (Chinese or English version optional).
• Institutional Membership: Available to institutes, libraries, industry partners, organizations, etc., at the cost of USD 500, including VAT, for one calendar year (i.e., January through December). Institutional membership does not include individual membership advantages such as, e.g., reduced registration at symposia or waiving of the abstract submission charge, which are advantages available to individual members only. Alternatively, Institutional members can choose to pay the optional USD 1000 (+VAT where applicable) membership rate instead, which, in addition to their institutional membership benefits for one year, would include an additional four individual membership accounts during the same period of one year. This option would be particularly interesting in case several employees working for the Institutional member will be attending an ISDS meeting in that year in as much as they would benefit from the reduced ISDS membership registration at ISDS Symposia. Institutional Members receive a 30% discount when ordering the International Journal of Design Science in print.
To apply for Institutional Membership, use this contact form to send your order and invoicing address, after which you will receive an invoice.
• Country and Region Membership: Contact us if you want your country or region to be represented on ISDS Council. Annual membership for countries or regions is USD 1000 per calendar year (+ VAT where applicable). Some of the advantages include the ability to better follow up and guide design science-related activities in the country or region and to ensure that these are happening within the framework of ISDS; to appoint up to three country or region representatives to the Council of the ISDS (the Council is the highest decision-making body of the Society). The Council meets every second year. Through representation on Council, the ISDS offers its country and region members the opportunity to meet with representatives of other countries and regions as well as with representatives of international agencies who have observer status at ISDS Council meetings. The payment of Country and Region member dues guarantees that scientific organizations within the country can apply to organize ISDS-sanctioned international symposia and conferences. Hosting such meetings often leads to Country or Region scientists gaining leadership positions in Society. Furthermore, Country and Region members can apply to ISDS to convene the bi-annual meeting of the ISDS Council, the annual ISDS Executive Committee meeting and/or the quadrennial International Design Congress. Country/Region members can also choose to pay the optional USD 1500 (+VAT where applicable) membership rate instead, which, in addition to the country/region membership for one year, would as well cover four individual membership accounts for the same period in time of one year.
• Corporate Membership: Close cooperation with corporate members provides different scientific and practical opportunities for both the industry partner as well as the ISDS. These opportunities include collaboration and networking, the development of innovative technologies, and sustainable solutions for design chains. Clear and sensible criteria/guidelines help ISDS target prospective corporate members.
Industry partners who wish to become ISDS corporate members should
:: Have an activity that is linked to integrated processes of design,
:: Have a global or regional (rather than local) impact,
:: Operate within international ethical standards,
:: Have a sustainability strategy,
:: Have a willingness to work with ISDS in a non-exclusive environment,
:: Be willing to participate in the collaborative engagement.
ISDS Honorary and Fellow members
The ISDS Nominations and Awards Committee invites all ISDS members to nominate possible candidates.
Contact the ISDS Secretariat with your Membership related questions.